Hosted by CRSBANZ, Australia and New Zealand Surveyors Boards
Chair/Moderator: Mr Craig Sandy, Victoria Surveyor-General - Australia
Rapporteur: Mr Rob Sarib, NT Director Survey - Australia
Understanding the current status of licensing or registration frameworks for land boundary surveying will provide insights into the challenges and opportunities that need to be explored to meet the changing demands of our future profession. It is anticipated that presentations on related topics will provide the stimulus for productive and collaborative discussions with key representatives of licensing or registration boards, the Asia Pacific surveying profession and other interested parties to identify the priorities that need to be considered and addressed. This open session will be facilitated by the Council of Reciprocating Surveyors Boards of Australia and New Zealand. It will also focus on the opportunities for reciprocal recognition of qualifications and regulatory licensing arrangements in the Asia Pacific region. All delegates interested in a National “action agenda” should attend, as this will influence the future of land boundary surveying.
Answers to the following will be discussed
- What is the future role and purpose of the licensing or registration surveying boards?
- Is our regulatory and / or professional structure / framework set up to meet the “challenges” and “trends” of today and the future?
- Is the current demographic and capabilities of our industry, prepared for the future?
- What are the impediments if change is required?
- What needs to be done and how can we commence implementation?